- 3 large eggs
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 6 tbsp bread crumbs
- Place 2 eggs in a bag in the freezer for at least 6 hours.
- Remove the eggs from the freezer, warm briefly under a tap, crack off the shell, return to the bag and return to the freezer to re-chill.
- Heat vegetable oil in your deep fat fryer to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Whisk the remaining egg in a shallow bowl. Place the flour in another bowl and then the breadcrumbs in yet another.
- Take one of the frozen eggs out of the freezer and using your right hand, place it in the flour and coat well. Shake off any excess flour.
- Use your right hand to drop into the bowl with the whisked egg (but don't touch the liquid egg with your right hand).
- Use your left hand to coat the frozen egg with the liquid egg and then, still using the left hand, dropped the frozen egg into the breadcrumbs (but don't touch the crumbs with your left hand).
- Use your right hand to scoop up bread crumbs and dump on the egg. Once it's well coated, use your right hand to roll it around a bit more and then place carefully into the deep fat fryer.
- Repeat for the remaining egg.
- Deep fry for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the fryer, leave to drain on kitchen towel for about 30 seconds and then serve.
Makes 2 deep fried eggs.