Kale Crisps

When I first heard about making kale crisps I was sceptical, but they are a really nice (and crunchy) snack.

Ingredients:

  • As much kale as you want, washed and stalks removed
  • 1tsp olive oil for each handful of kale
  • salt and pepper to taste

Method:

  1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
  2. Mix the kale with the seasoning and oil in a bowl with your hands. Make sure all the kale gets a thin coating of oil.
  3. Lie the kale out on baking trays so that it's only one layer thick.
  4. Cook in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes. Make sure to keep an eye on it as it can go from crisp to burnt in a very short length of time.
  5. I found my oven isn't very good at cooking the kale uniformly. I'd found I had to remove some of the cooked crisps after 5 minutes but return the baking tray to the oven to cook the other crisps for a bit longer.

Comments