- 2 eggs
- two cups, half full of cold water
- ground black pepper
- Carefully break one egg into each of the cups.
- Make sure that the water level is the same in each cup, if they're very different then carefully add a bit more water using a spoon.
- Place in the microwave and microwave for 3 minutes.
- However, stick by the microwave. At some point between 1 and 2 minutes you'll start to hear pops from the microwave.
- When you hear the first pop, stop the microwave immediately. If you don't stop the microwave then you'll at best get over cooked eggs, at worse the yolk might explode!
- Use a spoon to carefully remove the poached eggs from the cups.
- Serve on toast with a lightly dressed salad on the side, with salad cream or ketchup to taste.
Serves 1 to 2.